Is it Fall yet??!!??
I can already hear the outrage from my husband saying " But summer isn't over!".True but wouldn't it be great to skip over any remaining 90+ degree days of summer heat and go straight to the most elegant season of all? Of course, like everyone else in Ohio, I am in no rush to hail in the winter cold but I'd be ok with Fall and all of its charm stretching out a little.
Whats to love about Fall??
Apple orchard visits,
Knee high boots
Perfect 65-70 degree weather
Leaves changing and Football season.......??
How'd that get in there?..... okay maybe it wouldn't be so bad if summer was a little longer before I lose my husband all together every Sunday to football. But really the term football 'season' in my house has no meaning but is broken down further into:
Football pre-season season,
Football hoping (against all odds we win) season,
Football playoff (hoping one day we'll be there) season,
Football 'there's always next year' season,
Football draft hypothesis season,
Football looking forward to football season season.
Either way football is every season...so bring on fall! and football! and Pumpkin Cupcakes!!
Enjoy life with cake,
p.s Go Browns!
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
(Adapted from The Cake Bible pg.71)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time:15-20 minutes
Total Time: 40-60 minutes
Makes 1 dozen Cupcakes
1 1/4 cup Sifted Cake Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Garam Masala (can also use All-spice)
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 cups Light Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Oil
1 cup Canned Unsweetened Pumpkin Puree
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine the flour, soda, spices and salt, whisk to blend.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until very smooth. Add the pumpkin and beat just until smooth. Add the flour mixture and beat until completely moistened.
3. Portion the batter into 12 cupcake tins lined with paper liners. Cook for 5-7 minutes, then rotate the pans 180 degrees. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until the top of the cupcakes are firm to the touch and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of a cupcake.
4. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz Softened Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1/4 cup Honey
10 tbl Softened Butter
1 tbl Vanilla Extract
1. Cream all ingredients together until very smooth. Frosting can be used as a filling and/or a frosting for the pumpkin cupcakes.