Friday, August 30, 2013

Baby Shower Cupcakes


"Pink & Pearl" themed Strawberry Cupcakes! 


 It's been a busy month at LaLa Cake! Right before I had my daughter Abby, 2 1/2 months ago, I couldn't imagine how I was going to do baking from home ever again! I imagined having to drag myself out of bed after only 1 or 2 hours of sleep from being up all night with Abby, getting everything organized for the upcoming cake I needed to make, being just about to start when the inevitable would happen: 
Abby would start screaming, Asher would want to play, the dog would need to go outside, my husband would have to go to work and I would have no time for caking ever again!

L:uckily this is not the case..so far! Abby sleeps most of the night already, my husband, the teacher, has been home all summer to help and my 2 year old son Asher can usually be convinced to let mommy work on her cake if I promise to give him samples throughout the day! 
 August has been one of LaLa Cake's busiest months yet, and I'm not complaining!

Check back soon for more cakes.... 
Just as soon as I have time to post them :)

The small baby blocks spell out the little girls name, Amelia!
Tiny 'Pearls' decorated the top of the cakes.

Enjoy life with cake!
Leah

2 comments: